Your customers make it possible for you to pay your bills and feed your family. Since you are in the search for a good customer loyalty program in Edenred Singapore, you want to make sure it will strengthen the relationships and lead to more business without jeopardising that connection. How do you find a program that will do that?
Here are some things to look for in a customer loyalty programs in Edenred Singapore:
1. Will the gift come across as self-serving? – Offering a reward for an action, such as giving referrals, can work. However, it does tend to look selfish. Then it’s not a true gift, is it? You have also probably received, and given, different items with the logo or company name plastered on them. They aren’t bad, but people do look at cups, pens, magnets, and other such items as advertising. To create a lasting connection, your gift needs to appear selfless.
2. Does it give the recipient a choice? – When my wife and I moved into our 2nd apartment, we each received iPods. That’s great, but how many people already own iPods? A good majority. Many businesses will run marketing campaigns similar to this and advertise an FREE SOMETHING! When a purchase is made. Your customers love the way you give them options during their buying process… so why would your customer loyalty program be any different?
3. How often will they remember you after gifts are redeemed? – Is the gift-giving process engaging? Is it something that will last long after you give it to them? If possible, use a customer loyalty program in Edenred Singapore that will remind them of the AMAZING service you gave with as little advertising as possible.
4. Does it prompt them to talk to you and send referrals your way? – The business that uses a sincere and engaging loyalty program without expectation of anything in return will be remembered, will be talked about, and will become much more profitable than competitors. It also helps when the gift is something that will be seen or used regularly.
5. Does it set you apart? – Everyone offers discounts. Everyone offers coupons. Everyone offers a special to customers who refer a friend. In short, everyone offers “gifts” with the obvious condition of something in return. I don’t know about you, but I can see right through that stuff. I know YOU can when you are the customer. Let’s assume your people and your customers can as well. Choose a customer loyalty program other businesses don’t utilise in Singapore. Be willing to stand out.
Here’s the bottom line: If you do choose to utilise a customer loyalty programs in Edenred Singapore, make sure you do it right.